As soon as I saw these in the store, I knew I wanted at least half of them. I am a tinted lip balm junkie. And I love all colors: pinks, reds, nudes, berries, corals...you name it. I don't discriminate. And the range of colors they have are beautiful! But this time, I decided to stick my toes in before I jumped headlong into a stockpile of new lip products! Last week CVS and Walgreens had Revlon products "Buy one, get one 50% off", this week Rite Aid has that deal, if you are interested. So, I went and picked up a couple.I got Berry Smoothie and Strawberry Shortcake. And guess what? Yep, you already know. I fell in love with them. They are moisturizing, the color is subtle and there is o overbearing fragrance or taste. That's a big deal to me, if I find a smell or taste undesirable, I can't look past it. I'm out.
Have I mentioned the packaging? No?? Well, I love it. The tubes are silver and come up to the top of the lip balm, so it's not packaged like a lipstick there. But from the outside it looks like a lipstick. The cases are clear, with a frosty finish. There is a diamond pattern on two sides, with the other sides just plain frost. And the case is a color some-what representative of the color inside! Fabulous! Perfect for the "throw it in your purse before you run out the door" types. No one likes picking up a lipstick only to find it's not the shade they thought it was because the packaging was identical.
All in all, I have picked up a total of 7 of these. The colors are mostly pinks and reds, although I'm eyeing up Creme Brulee which is a gorgeous nude. But let's break down the colors I have:
- Red Velvet - A deep, red with cool tones. Creates a lovely stain with a little more "oomph" or drama.
- Berry Smoothie - If you want a pinky color that is a tad darker than Strawberry Shortcake, this is for you.
- Pink Truffle - More of a nude color than a pink color. This shade is universal and would work on everyone.
- Peach Parfait - A very sheery, shimmery coral.
- Strawberry Shortcake - A very sheer wash of a basic pink that is not too bright.
- Sweet Tart - A lighter, warmer, bright pink. Almost a coral, but not quite.
- Lollipop - A really fun, bright, mid-tone pink with a blue undertone.
I love these and I think you will too. I am a huge fan of make-up that is quick and easy. These fit the bill perfectly. You will find these at most drugstores/big box stores for around $7. Some places are a little less, some are a little more. But you will usually find a sale at one of the drugstores around you, so be sure to check the weekly flyers.